blogger web statistics

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Crisscut fries















Nom nom nom!!!!

I love crisscut fries. I grew up on 'em eating at Carl's Jr, a fast food restaurant mostly in the western US. The tasty Western Bacon Cheeseburger and crisscut fries combo meal definitely ranks as one of my top meals, ever. However, I can no longer eat it due to my gluten allergy... which makes me sad!

Actually, I can no longer eat most fast food. The flour in hamburger buns contains gluten. Most fast foods are fried/breaded and that contains gluten. French fries by themselves are usually gluten-free, but are contaminated when fried in oil that has touched other glutened products such as onion rings or fried chicken, etc. To be gluten free means to not have any contact with items that contain gluten, or even contact with items that have TOUCHED gluten-bearing food such as utensils, cutting boards, cooking oil, and even the gloved hands of workers who have touched food. Makes it kind of difficult to eat out.

However, I've found the BEST tasting crisscut fries from Costco. Mmmmmm. Baked, even! Now I can get my crisscut cravings on.... my horse for a halfway decent Western Bacon Cheeseburger, though! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Errr ... to plagiarize Shakespeare's Richard III outrageously, it would be:

    "A Western Bacon Cheeseburger, a Western Bacon Cheeseburger, my kingdom for a Western Bacon Cheeseburger!

    *runs off stage* *runs back on stage* *fights* *dies*"

    Count on me to correct your Shakespearean ;)

    ReplyDelete