blogger web statistics

Sunday, August 30, 2009

MMmm, fudge

I've been thinking about food a lot lately. After I work out, I can sometimes spend an hour just cooking up some new dish I read about online or in some cookbook I pull out. It's sometimes theraputic - stretching my mind in a new dimension having to manage a short task with complicated inputs and a tangible output... unlike my day job at times ;-) Plus, food is good - I tend towards the healthier fare away from fried foods and other pre-made, fattening goods.

I do have one devlish delight that I indulge in - fudge! I figured I'd post the recipe here:

------------------------------


Fantasy Fudge

3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine (or 1-1/2 sticks)
1 small can (5 oz) evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
1-1/2 pkg. (12 squares) BAKER’s semi-sweet baking chocolate
1 jar(7 oz) JET PUFFED marshmallow creme
optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp vanilla

Heat sugar, butter and evaporated milk to full rolling boil in 3 quart heavy saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil on medium heat until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.

Stir in chocolate and marshmallow creme until melted; stir in vanilla and walnuts.

Spread immediately in foil-lined 9 inch square pan. Cool at room temperature at least 4 hours; cut into 1 inch squares. Store in airtight container.
--------------------

Now I'm looking for a recipe that can combine peanut butter and fudge.... *drool*

No comments:

Post a Comment