blogger web statistics

Friday, April 2, 2010

Kick that ball!
























A question I've often pondered. Am I smarter than a 5th grader?

Well, kickball answers that - "Not always." ;-)

In continuing my saga of trying out different new sports, I'm now onto kickball with my butt-kicking gang of elite athletes. It's been about 4 weeks since the season was supposed to start, but like 3 weeks in a row mother nature conspired to make the baseball fields a bit... muddy. In fact, it took 3 MMA-crazed girls to wrestle me to the ground and wear dirt. Ahhh, I let 'em do that, makes them feel like they got one up over on the guys who wear the Y. :-p

This whole trip down elementary school lane makes me think of other sports I played on the recess playground. I was sporty but not the social one. Games are where... it didn't matter how you fit in, only that you played the best. So, handball, tetherball, butts-up, and 4-square remain my last vestiges of youth I haven't brought to my adult leagues - maybe it's about time we formed a 4-square league ;-)

In any case, in honor of our elementary school antics, I have dubbed our kball team the "6th Graders." Hope that'll bring us luck in tackling this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment