blogger web statistics

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Off to honky-tonk land

Going to Nashville with LUV! ;-) I'm all set for everything, from car reservations to presentation notes printed out and dinner plans each night. Oy! Barely a moment to spare to go and see the town again!

A couple of years ago, I stole a chance to hit up the land of the Titans with some work I had to do for the great state gov't of Tennessee. I took a drive down from St. Louis, a winding 5 hour trek through parts of rural Illinois and foresty Kentucky. Western KY reminded me a lot of central NC, very green even in October, heavily wooded and very rolling hills. I spent a evening doing outreach at a pretty fun event, which I'm not recalling the name of at this time (and that I will stealth edit later to pretend like I do know ;-) ). I met quite a diverse group of people there, and most recall one signed song that I used to like a lot back in middle school - "Born to be my Baby" by Bon Jovi. It was really neat to finally see that song signed and dramatized in a way that got the true message of the song across, which wasn't apparent from just reading the lyrics to a 12-year old.

Aaaaand I'm off to where the Control Tower orders traffic around. See ya'll in the Volunteer state!

No comments:

Post a Comment