blogger web statistics

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ow ow ow

I knew I was gonna pay after last night... but it's been a while since I've woken up all stiff and feeling glued together.

Let's recap:

I'm entering week 5 of my exercise program, P90X. I've mentioned it here and there during previous posts, but I don't think I've gone into how I've revved it up from only a once a week thing supplementing my gym workouts, to replacing my gym time entirely with this "about an hour a day" routine. It's grueling... and it sometimes doesn't seem to be getting easier.

I play volleyball as often as possible - down to once a week right now during the holidays, but picks right back up again after until summer. I'm still practicing with the Deaflympics in mind - so I'm making sure that stays in progress, raising the bar on my talents and abilities. I want that gold medal!

Last night, my deaf rejects flag football team (labeled the "Meet the Favres" team) played our last game of the season. We missed two practices in a row, so I wasn't real sure how we'd play. Sure enough, the other team kept scoring and we kept making silly mistakes. All of us, myself included. We played hard, though, ended up getting 3 touchdowns. Kel even made her first touchdown catch! Way to go, girl!


I'm in the most physical period of my life right now. For the last two years or so, the whole Deaflympics volleyball goal set into motion the need to be in tip-top shape, to stay sharp, to never skimp on practice and form. It's only been recently that I've been able to enjoy time with people I can hang out with after a game - instead of "game over" then "bye!" it's over then we chill for a bit in the clubhouse... even though I was freezing my butt off after getting splashed "gatorade style" after the game last night. Some people are gonna learn..... oh, there will be blood!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment