blogger web statistics

Thursday, September 3, 2009

My birthday

Toooooooot!

Yes, today is my birthday, though I won't officially be 30 until about 11ish Pacific Time. I do not have any problem with growing older, I actually had a list of things I wanted to do before I turned 30 and I ought to track down that list and compare to where I figured I'd be in the future when I was 20. Some things I do recall on that list:

1) Get my college degree. Status: Mission Accomplished! I really ought to stretch it to a Master's, most likely an MBA in management or finance - but snapping up the BS really put me on track with a career that has been greatly rewarding!

2) Earn a million dollars. Status: Umm..... Haven't won the lotto yet! Well, it would help if I played it... ;-)

3) Travel to London. (and Paris via the Chunnel!) Status: Heading in that direction! I ended up doing a whole lot of domestic travel after I got out of college. Right now my list of states touched has ballooned to 33, over 2/3rds of them for work... all expenses paid! I've just got to step up and make the time and place to do it - I think my cousin is still out there teaching at Oxford - or was it Cambridge? Dang it, I should know!

4) Jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Status: I've got my buds who want to do it, so time to pick a date and time and... jump!

5) Invent something that will change the world. Status: Pending! I've got one invention in the works, a couple I've not done, and more ideas than I know what to do with. But changing the world is hard! I should just change the goal to "an invention that will make someone lots of money ;-)"


I gotta find that list though! Oh, where is it in my archives.....


I'm gonna celebrate my birthday with some ice cream then a party on Friday. Makes sense as everywhere else in the nation, I was born on the 4th of September... but since I'm a September 3rd baby, I'm gonna just say - I'm now 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment